Our favorite deluxe shipping companies
Taking a cruise or a river cruise with one of our favorite deluxe shipping companies is a completely unique form of travel. You will most often experience going to bed in one port to wake up in a new one - and mostly in a new country. On a cruise or river cruise with our favorite deluxe shipping companies, your floating boutique 'hotel' is often on the go while you sleep. Therefore, you will experience a varied selection of larger or smaller urban communities, islands and different rural areas, all depending on the shipping company and sailing route. At the same time you enjoy the ship's lovely facilities on board.
Inspiration for your next cruise
Further down this page you will find a quick overview of our favorite deluxe shipping companies. Click on the pictures and get detailed information about each shipping company and selected sailing routes.
Smaller ships - greater quality experiences
Why choose smaller cruise ships or river cruise ships?
- The ships call at ports where the large ships cannot dock or have access to.
- The ships stay longer in each port than the large ships. And often the smaller ships have a minimum of one night in selected ports. This is in contrast to most large ships, which are often only in port for 4-7 hours.
- You avoid long queues on board, as the number of guests is lower than on the large cruise ships.
- The smaller ships have spacious staterooms and suites, and most have a balcony. Bemærk: On Pandaw Expedition's river cruise ships, the cabins are a bit smaller and with sliding doors.
- On most smaller ships there is at least 1 staff per. 1,5 guests. You will therefore experience an extremely high level of service on board, but still in a wonderful and relaxed intimate atmosphere.
- Everything is usually included on board the smaller cruise ships. This includes i.a. drinks and gratuity on board. Read more under each shipping company, and finally ask if you are in doubt about anything.
Entertainment on board
On a cruise, evening entertainment is offered for all tastes with comedians, shows, local shows, movies, music and dance - all in a nice intimate atmosphere. A river cruise also offers many forms of entertainment. It can be local performers, films, lectures, the ship's own duo, pianist or others from the staff who entertain. On a cruise and river cruise you will receive daily the day's program with the various activities on board and ashore.
When you go on a cruise, there will always be different shopping opportunities on board. Due to the ship's location in international waters, there are often good offers on exclusive goods compared to the prices in Denmark. There is also ample opportunity for shopping in coastal towns and capitals where the ship docks.
On river cruises, the shopping selection can be a little more limited depending on which area of the world you are sailing around in, as well as which river cruise shipping company you are sailing with. Read more under each shipping company description on this page, and finally ask us if you are in doubt about anything.
Facilities on board
On most cruise and river cruise ships there is a nice relaxing Spa and a gym. It is only on the tiniest river cruise ships that those facilities are not included. Read more under each shipping company description on this page, and finally ask us if you are in doubt about anything.
On both cruises and river cruises, a variety of excursions are offered when the ship is in port. At the river cruise companies, the tour program is generally included in the river cruise price. Some of the cruise companies have also begun to include excursions in their cruise prices on selected cruises. This varies from shipping company to shipping company. Read more under each shipping description here on the page, and finally ask if you are in doubt about anything.
Conclusion - What's not to like 🤩